[prog] cvs and Eclipse

Dom Incollingo dom_incollingo at linuxmail.org
Sat Mar 27 10:34:15 EST 2004

> Has anyone successfully used cvs with an external tool such as Eclipse (a Java IDE)?  If so, could you give me some advice?
>
>Must the cvs server be 'started', as other servers (mySQL, for example) are started?  If so, how do you start the cvs server?

Sorry to respond to my own post, but in case anyone else ever has this question, the answer is here:

http://ccvs.cvshome.org/fom//cache/124.html

I had to update /etc/xinetd.d/cvs, changing 'disable = yes' to 'disable = no'.  This enabled the cvs service. Since I'm running SuSE, it was then simply a matter of going into YaST and starting xinetd.

Dom