[prog] Reading data file

Daniel. cristofd at hevanet.com
Fri Jan 23 19:09:15 EST 2004

>You are right. I am sorry, there are indeed these two ways:
>   let REPLIEDFLAF=...
>and
>   REPLIEDFLAG=$((...))
>
>In both cases there must be no spaces around the "=".
>I actually didn't realize "let" was part of the syntax,
>probably because I didn't even know "let".
>I just tried your example (with my own variables) and it
>gave me an error.

Maybe you left out the double quotes? If they're omitted, then there
do indeed have to be no spaces around the "=" as you say. Or maybe
we're just using different versions of bash.
-Daniel.
--
        ()  ASCII ribbon campaign      ()    Hopeless ribbon campaign
        /\    against HTML mail        /\  against gratuitous bloodshed