[prog] GNU autotools and namespaced libraries

John Clarke johnc+linuxchix at kirriwa.net
Thu Dec 16 14:28:35 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 08:10:33 -0600, Meredith L. Patterson wrote:

> I suppose I could write my own macro which parallels AC_CHECK_LIB but
> also incorporates a "using namespace $foo", but before I go to all that
> trouble, I thought I'd check and see if anyone had run into a similar
> problem and/or knows of a canonical solution. Any ideas?

It's not just the namespace and parameters, but also AC_CHECK_LIB only
works for functions which have a C linkage.  You'll have to write your
own custom macro, but this might help:

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2001-01/msg00306.html

Cheers,

John
--
We're a Windows shop here, but just because we're writing applications
for a crap operating system in a crap language, it doesn't mean we have