[prog] php help

Saint-Wolfe wolf at wolfrising.net
Tue Sep 16 09:15:18 EST 2003

Hi : )

I know very little about php or programming and am temporarily filling
in at different
dept at work, unfortunately I can't seem to explain I am a fish out of
water with what they're assigning
me to do, so I'm in desperate need of help : )

For a web site I need to remove the html code and replace it with php
code that calls the correct information,
for example on the page it lists Term : Fall 2003, I'm to remove the
static code and insert php code that will
call the correct term for the student listed. Each student is
identified by something called s_code which
equals their student number. The table I am trying to get the
information from is called term, the rows
I need are called term and year. I'm trying to follow examples from a
text book but having not done this
before it's all jumbled.

So far this is what I've come up with, and it doesn't work : ), well
the connect.inc appears to work, that's
it so far : )

anyone??

.<?
include "connect.inc";

myconnect();

$scode = 193721070;
$query = "SELECT term, year FROM term WHERE s_code = ".$scode;

// get current term and year
$current=mysql_db_query($db,"select term, year from current");
$cur=mysql_fetch_array($current);
$cyear=$cur['year'];
$cterm=$cur['term'];

$array = mysql_fetch_array($result);