[prog] php, cgi-scripts, passwords and more

tiera tiera at comhem.se
Thu Sep 11 08:16:20 EST 2003

Hi

I'm setting up a webshop written in php on a shared webhost and I can't come
up with a way to protect the mysql passwords. The webhost has got apache
installed with suexec so I tried to make everything into cgi-scripts so that
the other people on the webhost can't read the files. The problem with that
is that it's way to slow.
The passwords are stored in a php file along with the database access
functions. Is there some way that I can protect that file so that noone
except my user can read it? Or some other way to protect the passwords?

All suggestions are welcome.

/tiera