[prog] more CGI programming

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Mon May 26 19:57:30 EST 2003

Hi,

> So you're learning Perl, too? That's great.

Heh. Let's see how great it turns out...

> As a reminder, LinuxChix's bandwidth is limited. Please post only
> snippets of code to the list. If you want to send the whole program,
> post a URL or send it directly to people who ask for it.

Yes, I know.

> In any case, sure, I would love to see what you've been doing, even
> if it's off-list.

I've got a couple of nights this week set aside to do some work on Perl
stuff, so I might just be coming back to the list with a couple queries.

> Well, that's original. But so much the better: there are already
> enough open-source web browsers, text editors, debugging tools, etc.

Yep, there are! And so far I'm not finding things that exactly plug in
to our setup - which is making the learning curve just that little bit
steeper.

> >We decided to use a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl)
>
> Uh, I'm used to LAMP standing for Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.   :-)

grin... and I believe it can also stand for LAMPython...

(oh, we're also making sure it runs under Windows, so people don't
*have* to change in order to use it.)

8-)

--
Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia