[prog] Perl and including files

Sue Stones suzo at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 16 20:08:55 EST 2003

Is it possible to include files in perl.  I have just written something that
has 3 files in it and they all contain the same constants and a couple of
common functions.  It would be helpfull if these could be kept in a common
file that could be included in all three as one would with C. The constants
do need to be changed and it would be better if they don't need to be changed
3 times.

I have stored searching on the web and ended up totally confused.  The stuff
that I found wasn't clear, but seemed to be designed for including modules
rather that my own code files. Although I got the impression that some people
were claiming to have included their own files.

All the three files will be kept in the same directory.

sue