[prog] Database programming on Linux with KDevelop

Tony Dietrich td at transcc.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 13:22:12 EST 2003

Hello all

I'm new to this list, so if I step on people's toes, correct me gently
please :-)

I've been asked to try out Linux development by a customer.  Previous to
this I was sorta locked into WinDoze development by the boss :-(

I'm using KDevelop on a RH8 desktop for the time being.
So far, so good.

However, the customer's main requirements will be database applications,
and whereas in WinDoze, there are db tools available for most
development environments, I can't find anything similar for
KDevelop/Linux.

I'm looking for a way to access mySql databases on a local server from
client applications.  This implies locking abilities are needed as
well.  Is there anything similar to ADODB?
--
Tony Dietrich
Transoft Computer Consultants
Tony Dietrich