[prog] Programming Question

Laurel Fan laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Sep 16 15:15:10 EST 2002

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 02:47:59PM -0700, Nancy Ging wrote:
> I'm doing some work for a nonprofit. Here's the puzzle I'm trying to solve.
>
> We'd like to have people be able to come to the site, enter their contact
> information, and have emails automatically sent to their congressional
> representatives for them. The problem is that about 70% of congresspeople
> only accept email submitted through their web sites with the email address
> hidden away in the script.

libwww-perl might be something to look at.  It's a library for perl
that allows it to act like a web client.  After reciving the input
from your form, you could essentially use it as the input to the
official form.  If you happen to have the manpage installed it would
be 'man LWP'.  Otherwise search for LWP in perldoc.com.  There's
probably something similar for PHP as well.

laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
http://dreadnought.gorgorg.org