[prog] How to Send HTML message to Konqueror web browser....

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Wed Oct 9 03:46:48 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 03:32, meredydd at everybuddy.com wrote:
> I think it's because you're not talking HTTP, you seem to be just dumping
> the response to the browser. This is fine for HTTP 0.9, which goes
> something like this:

I agree with Meredydd, that's your basic problem as I see it.

Check out RFC 2616 and RFC 2617, both available at http://www.w3.org/
and a whole bunch of other places.

If you need help reading them, ask. :)

Also, the language you're using (C?) may have a library that handles
HTTP requests, so you may be able to just throw HTML at a library
function. But you can't just throw HTML at a browser and expect it to
work, I'm afraid. You need to use the HTTP protocol.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/