[prog] School problem, C++ and cout.precision(2);

Ganesh Swami ganesh at rapidtech.bc.ca
Sat Nov 23 01:58:54 EST 2002

hello,

Jesika wanted us to know:

> The previous reply on casting should (I think...) solve your scientific
> notation problem.  To get your output to show the decimal places, use
> setiosflags(ios::fixed).  Using (ios::showpoint) would essentially
> accomplish this as well... many people use both, but it's redundant if
> you're using it in conjunction with setprecision().

There is this question that has always been at the back of my mind.

How many people use C++ completely ? Actually very few. Is it worth
learning Templates and other advanced C++ features ?

I consider Qt/KDE to be a very good C++ library. It uses exactly what is
required. No more bloat. But still they cant beat the overheads.

I believe C++ comes with its own classes for implementing stacks, hashes
and other data structures. Does anybody use them ?

I personally do not like streams. Its more trouble than ease. And, I
love strongly typed languages (you can call PHP an exception ;-))

What do you people think ?

	-- Ganesh

--
         (o o)