finding packages (was: Re: [prog] (no subject))

Katie Bechtold katie at katie-and-rob.org
Sat Nov 9 18:48:48 EST 2002

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 03:01:47PM -0700, Michael Havens wrote:
> I'm having difficulties installing GCC. It ells me:
> "Dependency Problem:
> "kernel-headers is needed by glibc-devel-2.2.5-34
> "kernel-headers is needed by glibc-devel-2.2.5-34"
> I then look for the kernel-headers package and can't find it. Does anyone know
> where I can get this?

You don't mention what package management system you're using.  If
it happens to be RPM, you can find just about every package in
existence by going to http://www.rpmfind.net and entering the name
of the package you're looking for.  In the case of kernel-headers,
you'll find lots of results; make sure to get the package
appropriate to your distribution version.

--
Katie Bechtold
http://katie-and-rob.org/