[Jobposts] Sr. Quality Engineer- Platform Networking role with Red Hat

Alexandria Mimms amimms at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 19:22:49 UTC 2015

Hi Linux Chix!

Red Hat's Engineering team is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join
us on-site in either our Raleigh, NC headquarters, or our Westford, MA
office. In this role, you'll have a chance to get involved in a new and
exciting industry networking opportunity involving OVS, DPDK, and
OpenStack. You will represent Red Hat in the open source community by
actively participating in new industry networking upstream test project(s),
and have the chance to develop and nurture a brand new test area by
initiating, improving, and reviewing test plans and test specs with
partners from other companies. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll also
have the opportunity to provide technical guidance and mentorship.

*Company description *

At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and
contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing
technologies that solve business problems. We're a billion dollar S&P 500
company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud,
together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and
implementation services.

*Primary job responsibilities *

   -

   Create and automate test cases according to test plans, test specs, and
   industry requirements
   -

   Port test cases to the continuous integration infrastructure
   -

   Communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on
   test requirements
   -

   Represent Red Hat in the open source community

*Required skills *

   -

   4+ years of network-related work experience
   -

   Proficient knowledge in TCP/IP stack and switch
   -

   Advanced skills in Linux
   -

   Familiarity with Python OR with Bash or C programming, and an ability to
   learn Python programming quickly
   -

   Diligent and self-motivated, with creative problem solving skills
   -

   Ability to collaborate well with others
   -

   Experience in OVS or DPDK is a plus
   -

   Experience in open source and kernel is a plus

Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative
action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital
status, or any other basis prohibited by law.

If interested in the role, please apply directly with this link:
http://jobs.redhat.com/jobs/descriptions/senior-quality-engineer-platform-networking-westford-massachusetts-job-1-5872422
. When applying, please be sure to select “Social Media – Other” as the
source of where you heard about the job.

*Some other FAQs:*

Which country are you in? United States

Will you take international applicants? No, not for this role.

Do folks need pre-existing work visas for your country? Yes

Is relocation allowance part of the salary package? No.

Can you telecommute? No, not for this role.

​Best regards,​

--
Alex Mimms
Talent Acquisition Partner, Products and Technology
amimms at redhat.com

Red Hat made Business Insider's Top 10 Enterprise Tech Companies to Work
For. Find out why at redhat.com/jobs.