[Jobposts] Linux System Administrator at Linode

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:38:43 UTC 2015

*Title: **Linux System Administrator*
*Location: **Galloway, NJ*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to Linode recruiter's inbox
and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1CMu6g7

Linux System Administrator
Location: Galloway, NJ
Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Experienced

Do the words “automation” and “open source” make your brows perk up? Are
you a developer who gets a kick out of problem solving and system
administration in a Linux environment? Then this is your job! With the type
of growth we are experiencing, we now need to grow our team of System
Administrators. We’re looking for the type of people who have a passion for
problem solving and an extra sense when it comes to troubleshooting
production systems.

Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 250,000
customers worldwide served out of six global datacenters. Linode invests
heavily in its people and has set the bar for excellence in the cloud
hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware,
marketing, and documentation teams are all part of making Linode the most
simple, powerful and reliable hosting provider. This industry moves fast,
but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead
and keep us - and themselves - at the top.

Linode’s customer base relies heavily on us to deliver a level of service
that is unparalleled in the hosting industry, and that’s where the sysadmin
team comes in. You will be a natural problem solver. Someone who lives to
put out fires before they start and continuously monitors all things Linode
to make sure there is never a hiccup in the service that our customers come
to love and expect.

*Work With Us*
• Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous
paid time off package!
• Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k)
contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
• Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet
plans, massages, etcetera
• A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
• Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick
up the tab!
• Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing.  We’ll
bring in a catered lunch every week.
• Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in
paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.

*Primary Job Functions*
• Help improve our infrastructure and software through performance tuning
and high availability solutions
• Define and develop system reporting and infrastructure health monitoring
• Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
• Perform basic engineering, design, implementation, and maintenance tasks
• Maintain security updates and patches among Linode’s entire fleet of
servers
• Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with other team
members
• Understand and use best practices for deployment processes and support
• Installation and maintenance of Linode host software
• Create tools to help teams both within the sysadmin team and
interdepartmentally at Linode
• Consult on overall production systems architecture
• Document configuration procedures

*Minimum Qualifications: *
• 2-4 year experience in a DevOps, Development, or SysAdmin role
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong communication skills to work with both collaborative
cross-functional team of peers and departments within the company (product
development, operations, networking, etc.)
• Grasp of automation tools and experience working in a DevOps culture;
sharing responsibilities with developers
• Experience running mission-critical Linux servers in virtualized
environments
• Understanding and familiarity of the fundamentals of Linux scripting
languages
• Strong technical foundation in virtualization technologies; specifically
Xen
• Ability to build, monitor, and tune production servers and services
• Knowledge of servers, switches, and various infrastructure management
solutions
• Experience with version control; specifically Git and GitHub

With Regards,
Ron D