[Jobposts] Develop better software for the NHS (London, UK)

Rob Dyke rob at tactix4.com
Thu Oct 3 12:13:26 UTC 2013

About us: We are building new tools the NHS, solving real-ward problems for clinicians. Our tools are mobile-first built on a solid ERP-backend. We use a lot of open-source and contribute to open-source projects. We are committed to openness … you should be to.

http://www.tactix4.com/

What we are looking for: People who want to code better software for the NHS. Anyone can code a find-a-resurant, locate-a-date, share-an-mp3 app …. We are seeking people who want to code4health and hack better software for the NHS.

Skill Level. We’re looking for someone who would describe themselves as proficient with at least two years experience in building python projects in either a startup environment or small customer/user focussed agile team.

Reporting to our CTO and with some initial training provided, we want you to work on:

    * Developing our existing applications to make them more user friendly
    * Improving the functionality of our mobile applications across a range of platforms
    * Enabling information to be more easily shared between our applications and other healthcare systems
    * Python based back-end development on an open source business application platform
    * Input towards an open API extending connectors with exposure to different languages
    * Open source clinical tool-set based on international clinical content standards
    * Contribute towards the Test Driven Development environment along with Continuous Deployment

We are looking for people who have some of the following:

    * Have worked with Python and postgreSQL for a couple of years
    * Got experience of a contemporary web/MVC framework (or two, or three)
    * Worked with Scalatra/Sinatra and maybe Swagger
    * Played with Play! Framework or dabbled with Scala, Erlang/Elixer
    * Have some exposure to Couch/Riak/other noSQL

Location and Compensation.

We’ve got a nice office in Wandsworth, London, with a good coffee machine. Some tele-commuting after an initial period of 8 weeks; we’d expect people to be in the office with us at least 3 days a week. The role(s) are full time & permanent.

Salary between £32k – 45k

How to apply: Drop us a line with your Careers2.0 link or your github ID (Don't forget your CV as well!)

--
Rob Dyke

Director, Tactix4
Office: +44 (0)845 003 9159
Mobile: +44 (0)783 345 0022
Web: tactix4.com @tactix4 LinkedIn

***** Email confidentiality notice *****
This E-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. It must not be disclosed to any other person or party without the prior authority of Tactix4 Limited. To do so may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient of this, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail received. This e-mail and any attached files have been checked for viruses. Although we employ virus protection software, we cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to your systems due to viruses or malicious code not detected. Any views or opinions contained within this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Tactix4 Limited.

Tactix4 Limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 07392476. Tactix4 is the trading name of Comwifinet Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 04736580. Both companies are are registered at Tuscan Studios, 1
 4 Muswel
 l Hill Road, Highgate, London, United Kingdom, N6 5UG. We cannot accept callers at this address. VAT Reg No: 877459755. Dun and Bradstreet No: 734726222