[Jobposts] Intel www.MeeGo.org------> Linux Streaming Media Engineer- #580080 (1 Opening) Hillsboro, Oregon OR Santa Clara, California
Kemp, RobertX S
robertx.s.kemp at intel.com
Wed Nov 3 17:12:48 UTC 2010
Linux Streaming Media Engineer- #580080 (1 Opening) Hillsboro, Oregon OR Santa Clara, California
The Open Source Technology Center within the Software and Solutions Group is looking for software developers and technical leads to develop new Linux middleware, applications, and user interface technologies. In this position, you will be responsible to develop in the MeeGo.com open source environment on new Intel architectures that span Intel's device platforms, from phones to consumer electronics. Positions require positive interaction with the Linux community to ensure code is developed in an acceptable manner and adopted in upstream community projects as appropriate. In this role you must demonstrate a high level of initiative and ability to assume ownership of major areas and establish correct technical direction. Demonstrate flexibility to contribute to multiple areas in a nimble organization. Key projects include developing new or improving existing streaming media solutions for an open source Linux stack. Assertive, self starter with a can-do-attitude and good communication skill (verbal and written).
You must possess a Master's degree or a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with 5+ years of applicable experience in a combination of the following .
- Strong C/C++ Knowledge
- Linux/UNIX based development experience
- Strong domain knowledge of streaming media technologies and frameworks, especially open source components such as GStreamer, Pulse Audio, Alsa, VAAPI, and Mesa
- Demonstrated experience with embedded media product (having shipped at least one relevant product).
- Deep knowledge of real time programming, synchronization, and multithreading
- Demonstrated software engineering practices such as design, documentation, prototype, code, and developer level testing
- Comfortable programming at the middleware and device driver level
- Experience with interfacing with DSPs a definite plus
- Able to read and analyze existing code and drive the design/implementation of components of a large scale system.
Go to http://www.intel.com/jobs/jobsearch/index_js.htm?Location=200000090 click "show search", type in the job number listed in this job description listed above then, click on search for jobs.
Feel free to call or send me an email if you have any questions. Thanks, in advance.
Direct Line: (503) 456-1879
Robertx.S.Kemp at Intel.com<mailto:Robertx.S.Kemp at Intel.com>
Q: Which country are you in?
A: Hillsboro, Oregon USA
Q: Will you take international applicants?
A: Yes, we could be open to international applicants
Q: Do folks need pre-existing work visas for your country?
A: Not necessarily.
Q: Is a relocation allowance part of the salary package?
A: Possibly. Would prefer local candidates.
Q: Can we telecommute?
More information about the Jobposts