[Jobposts] Linux Ops Engineering role in downtown San Francisco

Chris Thrall chris.thrall at swoontech.com
Sat Dec 4 03:24:47 UTC 2010

Hello and happy Friday. I'm currently seeking an Operations Engineer (Linux Based/LAMP stack skill set needed) for a consulting role in downtown San Francisco.
We need to hire multiple candidates for a mission critical project who have LAMP Web Production experience for a contract position. We need up to 10 people with LAMP Web Production experience to start by next Wednesday.  We have this project exclusively.

I've copied a brief description below along with my contact info. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend-

Chris

This is an
Operations Engineering role in downtown San Francisco. The rate range (this is a contract role) is negotiable.

Responsibilities
* Design and build systems to increase performance and scalability
* Work directly with engineering teams to design and build scalable systems
* Think creatively and work independently, while interacting with product and engineering teams
* Define and document current and future configuration processes and policies
* Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, applications and network
* Directly responsible for site reliability
* Take part in a 24x7 on call rotation
Qualifications
* 3-5 years of experience with Linux/Unix/BSD
* Proven ability to build large, reliable, scalable infrastructure
* Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, storage, and LAMP stack
* Knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Ruby, Perl, Python)
* Track record of practical problem solving
Desired Skills
* B.S. in computer science
* Experience with Hadoop and similar technologies
* Experience with Python/Django
* Experience with Ruby on Rails stack performance tuning
* Experience automating systems maintenance tasks
* Experience building fault tolerant, scalable systems

Chris Thrall
Director of Recruiting, Swoon Technology Resources
Tel: 312-450-8704; Cell: 312-659-1861
Email: chris.thrall at swoontech.com
www.swoontech.com
Link up @  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-thrall/3/91a/770