[Jobposts] Sydney, Australia: HCSNet seeks Webmaster (PHP/MySQL with Drupal desirable)

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Tue May 22 02:31:49 UTC 2007

See the below message: please do NOT send applications or inquiries to
me, both should be directed as below.

The position is in Sydney Australia and at least some on-site attendance
is required. Australian citzenship, residency or appropriate work visa
required.

=== HCSNet job advertisement ===

HCSNet -- the ARC Research Network in Human Communication Science --
promotes interdisciplinary research across a broad range of disciplines
concerned with human communication, from computer science through
linguistics and psychology to music, theatre and gesture studies.

Our website -- see www.hcsnet.edu.au -- supports a membership base of around
800 people.  Our current webmaster is moving on to other things, so we are
seeking someone to fill a part time (50%) position managing the website.  A
description of the kind of person we are looking for is below; we're looking
for someone who can start around mid-June.  The position is based at
Macquarie University in North Ryde; salary is likely to be around $54k pa
pro-rata.  If you think you might be interested in this position, please
drop a mail message and a CV to Robert Dale at rdale at ics.mq.edu.au; informal
enquiries to the same address.

----
Position Description:

Important skills:
* Web-design skills including CSS and Gimp/Photoshop work
* Good knowledge of PHP and MySQL
* Familiarity with Unix/Linux shell

Desirable skills:
* Experience with Drupal content-management system
* Basic AJAX and XMLHttpRequest() familiarity
* Understanding of email protocols (MIME, encoding formats)
* Ability to maintain a local Apache/MySQL/PHP test server

You will be responsible for maintaining and extending a large academic web
site with around 800 members. This includes responsibility for the site's
overall design, and for creation and maintenance of back-end systems which
allow other staff to update the site's databases and other content easily.
You will be required to respond to site-related technical queries from
staff and web site members. You will also be responsible for the technical
and layout/design aspects of a weekly HTML email newsletter generated
through the web site.

We'd like our web site become even more useful to our members, so the
ideal applicant will have lots of creativity and ideas for making fun,
community-oriented web site features - and will be given a high degree of
freedom to implement them.

----End