[Jobposts] QA Architect for Backcountry.com

Greer Hitch ghitch at backcountry.com
Fri May 11 17:48:01 UTC 2007

Backcountry.com is growing like mad and we're looking for an outstanding QA
Architect candidate. The QA Architect helps our innovative company meet its
business objectives by creating and implementing groundbreaking technical
solutions. This person also works to improve our Engineering department's
capabilities through automation, integration, and deployment. The ideal
person for this position drives the idea train synthesizes these ideas into
action.

Responsibilities:

-Work with the Development and Infrastructure teams to continually improve
the build and deploy processes.

-Work with the QA team to continually improve the test automation processes.

-Work with the QA and Development teams to incorporate unit level and white
box tests into the smoke test processes.

-Implement new tools and solutions which improve the Engineering model.

-Work with the Product Management and Engineering teams to continually
monitor, test and improve the performance of the sites.

-Work with the DBA team to continually improve the data update processes.

Required:

-10+ years in software development, coupled with close ties to Quality
Assurance.

-Computer Science degree or equivalent.

-Fluent in either Perl, Python, PHP or other scripting languages.

-Fluent in Object Oriented and Structural programming languages and can draw
the best practices from multiple languages such as Java, C#.Net, C++.

-Fluent in XML and HTML.

-Fluent in SQL, preferably Postgresql and/or mysql.

-Previous, and demonstratable ownership of a build and deploy process for an
Enterprise application.

Preferred:

-Linux experience.

-Website developer background.

-Outdoor lifestyle: skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing, trekking.

Considerations:

-Applications from Utah or those willing to relocate to Utah will be
considered.

-Position is based at our Park City headquarters and may require occasional
travel to Salt Lake City locations.

-Salary based on experience.

-Telecommuting will not happen.

Perks:

-We use the gear we sell - all employees are privy to incredible gear deals
across a huge range of outdoor sports, action sports, and lifestyle
products.

-All employees have access to special opportunities with vendors, resorts,
resort passes, industry events, etc.

-Backcountry.com is growing and evolving. All employees have strong
opportunity for career advancement and growth.

How To Apply:

Please apply online here:

https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=17727

Please answer the following questions in the 'notes' section when you apply.

1.How would you design a build and deploy process for a large scale website?

2.What kind of test process would you setup to run prior to deployment?

3.What is your experience with test automation?

4.Why do you want to work for Backcountry.com?

5.What are your salary expectations?

Equal Opportunity Employer

We Use the Gear We Sell

Contact: