[Jobposts] Job Posting - Senior Application Developer

Jaspal Singh jsingh at tucows.com
Thu Feb 8 14:28:05 UTC 2007

Tucows is wholesale Internet services provider offering domains, blogware,
managed DNS, email and digital certificates to thousands of ISPs and web
hosting companies around the world.

At Tucows, we have given serious thought to who we are as a company, what
our goals are and how we are going to get there. We have made a commitment
to the principles that guide our everyday decisions. We work as a team.  Our
success is the sum of all our efforts.  We strive to exceed our customers'
expectations.  We enhance Tucows' reputation by delivering the highest
quality standards in every aspect of our business.  We know it is our people
that make this happen.  We have great people, with different skills and work
experiences.

SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER

Join our team of highly skilled developers!  Bring your creative abilities
to this senior role and get involved in the full development lifecycle
including design, development, testing and maintenance of code.  We’re
working on real-time on-line systems that carry millions of transactions per
day – anything that can go wrong will go wrong!  Writing high quality code
is a must.  You want to learn as much as possible, as quickly as possible,
all the while solving large problem. You thrive when working on challenging
problems and want to be proud of the problems you overcome.

We’re looking for a true self-starter, with demonstrated experience
developing large-scale web applications and services on the Unix / Linux
platform.  As a strongly skilled Senior Developer, your post secondary
education in computer sciences or information technology is complemented by
a minimum five years experience using a variety of technologies.  In
particular: Perl, Java, PHP; RDBMS systems such as Oracle and SQL; Linux /
Unix shell scripts; Version control system, shell scripts; published CPAN
modules or similar is a plus.

In addition you also possess
·Aptitude is more important than any particular skill
·Able to maintain a calm, professional approach when dealing with difficult
customers
·Attention to detail required, must be methodical and thorough in problem
solving
·Excellent planning and documentation skills
·Excellent time management skills to meet demanding timelines
·Excellent verbal and written communication skills
·Highly adaptable with ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment
·Must be able to own issues from inception to completion
·Must be highly adaptable and able to learn new applications quickly
·Must be team-oriented with ability to work well with multiple teams in a
cross-functional setup
·Self-motivated, with strong sense of ownership and urgency to deliver
projects / tasks in a timely fashion

Interested applicants should email a Word-formatted resume, referencing
"SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER" in the email subject line, to
hrdept at tucows.com.  Please do not apply online.

We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered
for an interview will be contacted.