[Jobposts] Windows/Linux desktop and server admin (US-CA-Los Angeles)

jobs at colorfulexpressions.com jobs at colorfulexpressions.com
Tue Jan 10 13:33:56 EST 2006

If you're looking for a job along these lines, I'd love to hear from
you! Or if you know someone who might be interested, please feel free to
forward.

-- Jen

Please respond to: jobs at colorfulexpressions.com

Colorful Expressions, Inc. is looking for a desktop support/sysadmin
contractor in Southern California for about 20 hours/week (could grow).

Most of the job will supporting a single client that has a main office
in the Los Angeles, and branch offices in Orange County and San Diego
which would require occasional visits. The ability to speak Spanish
would be a huge plus. Experience with labor, community organizing,
and/or social justice and/or non-profit organizations would be great, too!

The desktops are (currently) all Windows; servers are a mix of Windows
and Linux. Linux experience would help with the desktops, too, though,
as we sometimes use Knoppix and other Live CD tools to support the
Windows machines.  Additionally, we may migrate at least some of the
desktops from Windows/Microsoft Office to Linux/Open Office.

The following are some of the things we use (expertise in all is not
required):

Windows: Windows 9x/ME/2000/XP/2003, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Access), Mozilla FireFox and Thunderbird, Symantec
AntiVirus, Symantec Ghost, Veritas BackupExec, Terminal Services, DHCP,
DNS, Active Directory

Linux: Samba, Asterisk, Apache, Knoppix, parted, partimage, OpenOffice,
ssh, terminal server clients

Other: Netscreen, Sonicwall, HP printers, Xerox Document Centre

The pay rate will be $25-$35/hour, depending on experience. U.S.
citizenship or permanent residency is required. Most work will be done
on-site, so must have transportation to be able to visit all offices.
There will also be some remote work available.

More about the company -- Colorful Expressions, Inc., is owned by Jen Wu
(she's writing this message!), and provides systems administration and
custom programming services to both non-profits and businesses. We
currently support clients mostly in the San Francisco Bay Area and
Southern California, but have a few clients around the country, as well.

Please respond to: jobs at colorfulexpressions.com, or fax to (415)
840-0024. Please include your phone number.

Hope to hear from you!