[Jobposts] Job Posting

Chris Winters chrisw at google.com
Sat Oct 15 01:50:19 EST 2005

 Linux/Unix System Administrator, Intermediate to Sr. Level

This position is located in Zürich, Switzerland.

Google's Systems Operations team is seeking experienced system
administrators to help administer our large and ever-growing cluster of
search servers, and our internal server infrastructure. The ideal candidate
has the ability to handle interrupts while fluidly switching between several
projects, and takes a "work smarter, not harder" approach.

Responsibilities:

*	Configuration of system and network parameters.
*	Monitoring of system stability and performance.
*	Ensuring 24x7 operation.
*	Rapid scaling of systems to meet demand.
*	Development of tools to maintain and monitor the cluster.
*	Provision of second-level support to corporate users.
*	Development of new projects and proposals.
*	Comprehensive documentation of our systems and processes.

Requirements:

*	BSc or MSc in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
*	3+ years experience with large Unix / Linux systems.
*	Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP networking and load balancing.
*	Extensive knowledge of webservers, firewalls/security, LDAP, NFS,
DNS, MTAs, etc.
*	Strong programming/scripting ability (Python, Perl, bash, C).
*	Excellent English-language verbal and written communication skills.

For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of
your resume to jobs-zurich at google.com. Important: The subject field of your
email must include Linux/Unix System