[Jobposts] Junior Unix/Linux SA position for Seattle, Wa

LG wseattlegals at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 09:07:03 EST 2005

Country: USA
State: Washington
City: Seattle
For this position we can only consider candidates
currently located in the states who are able to work
here.
Cannot telecommute.

If you have any questions about the position, feel
free to email me and I'll answer what I can. It is a
great entry level position in IT at the company for a
self-starter. It is shift work, currently 10am-10pm
3-4 days per week.

Jr. Unix Systems Administrator, #05-14518
Amazon.com is seeking a Jr. Unix systems administrator
to perform first and limited second level response for
production systems and networks. Candidate will be
responsible for monitoring enterprise systems and
supporting customer-facing systems on a 24/7 basis in
our NOC. Additionally, they will host problem
management conference calls, monitor the escalation
process and resolve problems under the direction of
more senior IT staff. Handling selected Jr. Systems
Administrator duties are also part of day to day
requirements. A bachelor's degree in computer science,
equivalent experience, or a minimum of 2 years of Unix
systems administration/engineering, is required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are
a must, in addition to strong interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will interact with all levels of
our organization. Ability to script in Perl, shell, or
C is highly desired. (Networking tech-foo is a plus as
well.)

To apply, submit your resume at the following link.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/static/-/jobs/resume-submit-form/05-14518/103-4246203-5617456

You can also send it in a plain text email to me and
I'll pass it up the pipeline: wseattlegals at yahoo.com

Regards,
LG