[Jobposts] Toys in Babeland is looking for a Web/Graphics designer

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Tue Apr 26 12:09:53 EST 2005

The company is in the U.S. -- Oakland, CA to be precise. However, the
work can be done remotely.

Toys in Babeland is looking for a Web designer for a short contract to
design the look of a small Web site -- mostly designing three or four
templates that the site will use.  The templates will be used in Plone,
so if you know Plone and/or Zope (particularly ZPT), that's great!
However, it's not a requirement.

We'd love to find someone who believes in our mission (check out
http://www.babeland.com/), and who can craft something fun and great
looking. We're looking for candidates who can do not only the HTML
portion, but also create great looking graphics for the site as well (or
a dynamic duo who can team up to do both).

If you're interested, great! Here's what we'd like from applicants:

Requirements: If you can answer yes to all these questions, we'd love to
hear from you; otherwise, maybe there will be a future opportunity that
might be more approriate: Can you make great graphics (you can use file
photos or clip art, of course)? Can you code in valid XHTML/CSS and do
layout without using tables?

If you can answer yes to the above, then we'd love to hear from you!
Please send us:

1. A link to your portfolio -- please provide commentary if necessary
(e.g. to say what you didn't like about your design but the customer
asked for anyway; to talk about special features you design; to tell us
which is your favorite example of your work). If there are portions of
your portfolio that involved other people, please let us know that, too,
so we can get an idea of what *you* can do.

2. What rates you charge.

3. Anything else you'd like to share with us.

Please send this to design-job at babeland.com.

Thanks!

Your friends at Babeland