[Jobposts] Consultants Wanted For Variety Of Subjects For Book

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sun May 16 13:43:46 EST 2004

Hiya Chix,

It's getting down to deadline time on the Linux book that I am writing, and I
need some help on a number of subjects. I need detailed howtos, with all the
steps laid out in order. It's an O'Reilly Cookbook, which means I spend a lot
of time shaping the material into their "recipe" format. (Warning to wannabe
authors: the Cookbook format is great for readers, but more work for
authors.)

You won't get rich, but you'll get money and public credit in the book. Here's
what I need:

DVD-recording: copying disks, doing data backups, recording movies from both
tape and digital media $50 USD
Movie-making on linux $50
Sound recording and editing on Linux $50

BIND dns server: $50
local caching server
LAN server
records for mail server, web server, ftp
master-slave crap, or whatever is smart for redundancy
load balancing

I'm open to additional ideas on any of these subjects, if you know something
really cool. Please contact me off-list. Thanks much!