[Jobposts] Systems Programmer/Administrator - Rutgers University

Jennifer Scalf jscalf at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Mon Jun 7 15:31:12 EST 2004

Hello Everyone,

Here is a summary of the job from the website:

"Under the direction of Senior Systems Programmer/Administrators,
responsible for support of Newark campus Unix computing systems,
including 20 servers running various versions of Unix, over 20,000
e-mail accounts, web servers, anti-virus and anti-spam software, and
central disk storage. Responsibilities include installing and testing
software, analyzing error conditions and taking corrective action,
completing system backups, evaluating computer configurations and making
recommendations for changes as needed, developing program and web tools,
assisting with account clean-up procedures, preparing technical reports
and documentation, maintaining and developing skills in emerging
technologies, and providing advice and instruction on system hardware
and software. "

Since you'll be working with me and I'm going to help interview, here is
what we really need;

Someone good at Perl and/or Python (most of our stuff is in Perl).
Someone who can make webpages and 'webtools' related to email, mailing
lists, etc. If you've installed any graphic mailing list software then
please apply.
Someone who knows their stuff and likes to talk about it with our little
team but that will understand that we know our stuff too, so listen! ;)
Someone who knows any or all of these: Apache 1.*, Squirrel Mail,
Solaris 8, Postfix, any content management software (we use CVS but are
willing to change), How to work in a university environment, I know
there's a million other interesting things but they are slipping my
mind, MySQL and/or Oracle9

I've a tough interviewer so know your stuff!

For the brave:
http://uhr.rutgers.edu/jobpostings/aps/Detail2.asp?em=1&id=A3901