[IndiChix] [ANN] [X-Post] Call for Participation - SciPy.in 2011 (Dec 4 - 7; IIT Bombay)

Kadambari Devarajan kadambari.devarajan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 19:06:49 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

It's that time of the year again and SciPy.in is just about to start.

Please find below Prabhu Ramachandran<http://www.aero.iitb.ac.in/%7Eprabhu/>'s
blog post<http://prabhuramachandran.blogspot.com/2011/12/scipyin-2011-coming-soon-to-iit-bombay.html>inviting
everyone interested to the conference.

-------
If you aren't aware of it yet, SciPy.in 2011 <http://scipy.in/> is just
round the corner. This year it is going to be held at IIT Bombay's new
Victor Menezes Convention Center (VMCC).  We have conference talks on 4th
and 5th <http://scipy.in/scipyin/2011/talks-cfp/conference/> and tutorials
on 6th and 7th <http://scipy.in/scipyin/2011/talks-cfp/tutorial/>.  We have
invited several key
people<http://scipy.in/scipyin/2011/talks-cfp/speakers/>from the
"Scientific Computing with Python" community.  We have an awesome
set of talks <http://scipy.in/scipyin/2011/talks-cfp/conference/> and
tutorials <http://scipy.in/scipyin/2011/talks-cfp/tutorial/>.  Eric Jones
from Enthought <http://www.enthought.com/> is our keynote speaker.

In 2009 and 2010 we did workshops on basic scientific computing with
Python.  This year our tutorial track features several advanced
topics<http://scipy.in/scipyin/2011/talks-cfp/tutorial/>including,
image processing, machine learning, symbolic computing, mapping
and geoprocessing, Traits/TraitsUI, Mayavi, Sage, and Cython.

If you wish to participate in the conference,  feel free to drop in and
attend, free of cost -- but you'll miss out on the awesome food, t-shirt,
and other goodies if you do not register.  It would be best if you
didregister<http://scipy.in/scipyin/2011/submit-registration/>though.

The main organizers of SciPy.in 2011 are FOSSEE <http://fossee.in/>.
Enthought <http://www.enthought.com/> (India) is also helping organize the
conference.  MHRD <http://www.education.nic.in/> and Enthought are our
financial sponsors and we are grateful to them for their continued support.

Given the nature of the talks, the tutorials, the location, you are going
to miss out if you choose to not attend.  Register before 2nd
<http://scipy.in/scipyin/2011/submit-registration/>to avail of reduced
rates.  Spot registration is certainly available but is more expensive.
-------

I don't have much to add!

Hope to see some folks from the different communities here :)

Cheers,
KD

--

Webpage - http://kadambarid.in