[IndiChix] FOSS.IN/2010 - Call for Participation

॥ स्वक्ष ॥ vid at svaksha.com
Wed Sep 29 10:18:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:11, Manish Chakravarty <manishchaks at gmail.com> wrote:

> You wont let go of the "Low Hanging Fruit" thing I see :D
> dont worry, foss.in is fading away and Mr AC is not taking active interest
> this time

What !?.. when not pulling rank on others and taking active interest
in using less than ethical means to silence disagreeing voices?
Anyway, nothing to worry ......but since the organizer took the
trouble of posting to a linux-related list, it would be nice if they
clarified whether they continue with their  slogan "Show me the Code"
while lumping all other contributions as "Low Hanging Fruit" -- seems
cavil and highly dismissive to any contributor(s), not to mention all
the obfuscation under the word "community" while being a
privately-controlled[0] event.

[0] The one example of an Indian "community-driven" event would be
pycon-india (some upstream projects come to mind but I'd rather cite
Indian communities that understand the meaning of the term
"community") -- Discussions are openly held on a public list, Finances
are discussed openly on the mailing list (in 2009, the
expense-accounts were posted to the public mailing list), the inpycon
society membership and elections is open to all members, etc..
<disclaimer>Moi is just another list member, does not hold any
position of power, not yet a member in the pycon-india organizing
team.</disclaimer>

--
Regards,
Vid || http://svaksha.com