[IndiChix] [X-post] The InfoLadies of Bangladesh

H hassath at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 03:53:28 UTC 2010

On Friday 04 June 2010 08:16 AM,  स्वक्ष  wrote:
[...]
> like this night school[0] which teaches libre software to kids just
> like FAT[1] at Delhi does. I find the latter particularly interesting
> as its target group is specific --women and technology (and not only
> libre software). IIRC, Gayatri Buragohain of FAT is on the Indichix
> list and it would be great if she piped in her thoughts.

I don't think Gayatri is on this list, but I am :-)
I have been volunteering for FAT for a couple of years now.

We feel that there is a need to make technology accessible to all those
who currently don't have easy access- whether they are in urban or rural
areas. That said, there are different social and cultural contexts
everywhere- and it's quite a challenge to resolve those. Not thinking of
technology as a panacea for all illnesses, and respecting the community
one is speaking to, have been very important for us.

--Hassath