[IndiChix] An Open request to LinuxChix-India

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 02:03:56 UTC 2009

Hi:

In light of recent events and discussions it seems appropriate to form two
groups to guide us for furthering our goals and activities throughout this
year.

* LinuxChix-India Advisory group
   - Members will be women founded and spent many initial efforts for this
community.
   - They will be the administrative contact for our domain linuxchix.org.in
   - This group will support/ advise future protocols and communication
norms

* LinuxChix-India Administrative group
  - Members of this group will be the various administrators and technical
contacts
  - They may opt in to be the technical contact for our domain
linuxchix.org.in
  - This group will support/ maintain our infrastructure and various
activities

Apart from these two groups that will serve "advisory" and "administrative"
roles within our community our large "volunteer" group will continue to
exist. Volunteers may choose to:

- Volunteer for LinuxChix-India (
http://linuxchix.org.in/wiki/index.php/Volunteer_for_LinuxChix-India) or,
- Volunteer for several interest groups (
http://linuxchix.org.in/wiki/index.php/Main_Page#Volunteering)

It is important to cite that linuxchix.org heavily recommends that chapters
use a subdomain of linuxchix.org, in our case it would be
http://india.linuxchix.org.

This means while our sites are hosted per our convenience we will maintain
affiliation with our parent organization and the central LinuxChix group can
help us support us if necessary. All requests made to
http://india.linuxchix.org will get redirected to http://linuxchix.org.in

After being here slightly over a year and observing activities of this
community, it appears the following members actively engage in several
LinuxChix-India's activities:

- Aneesha
- Ankita
- Archana
- Barkha
- Hassath
- Runa
- Swati
- Vidya

If it seems agreeable to these individuals, after having their individual
consent think we should elect each member either as an advisor (or)
administrator.

I sincerely hope our involved leaders guide us through this procedure so we
can further our community's goals and activities.

If you are a member of this list and this request seems agreeable , please
sign your name to this email.

Thanks,
--
Gayathri