[IndiChix] Chix wars

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:23:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 6:53 AM, <hassath at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Gayathri Swaminathan
> <gayathri.swa at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Here is draft of the proposed page:
> > http://linuxchix.org.in/wiki/index.php/Volunteer_for_LinuxChix-India
>
> Thanks, Gayathri. I've had time only to glance through it. I hope
> everyone interested will read through it and offer suggestions.
>
> > Would like to suggest we use the following for contact information
> specific
> > to domain:
> >
> > * Domain registrar - LinuxChix-India ( need a distribution email group
> > info at linuxchix.org.in that goes to identified owners)
>
> Fair and safe enough.
>
> > * Administrator contact - LinuxChix-India ( the group above)
>
> Ok.
>
> > * Technical contact - Systems administrators, Wiki administrators, Planet
> > administrators, List administrators.
>
> Hmm... *All* of these administrators need to be technical contacts?
> Why not have technical contact as tech at linuxchix.org.in and direct
> mail to a list of administrators who feel the need to be listed there?
> I am saying this because as a list administrator, I see no need to be
> a technical contact for the domain. Others may have different
> preferences, of course.
>
> > After hanging out here for over a year it seems** the owners group
> initially
> > will include the following members:
> >
> > Aneesha, Ankita, Archana, Barkha, Hassath, Runa, Swati, Vidya
>
> It would be nice if all these women could say whether they want to be
> part of something like this or not.
> For myself, I have no problem being an administrative contact, but
> cannot offer to be a systems contact.
>
> > If this sounds right can further approach Swati with this information and
> > see how to progress from that point on.
>
> Sorry, I don't think I understood this part. Approach Swati with what
> information, and stating what, exactly?
>
> --
> - Hassath

Hey Hassath,

Agree on your suggestion on domain contacts.

So, the administrative contact will be - the identified advisory group for
LinuxChix-India and, technical contact will be - list of administrators who
prefer to participate.

As per your suggestion, thought to email the list of current administrators
identified in the last mail and state the ideas collectively. So first
freeze the two groups: advisory/ technical contacts. Would that be alright?!

After a definitive discussion within administrators occur, further share
with indichix at linuxchix.org the future plans and ask for input.

--
Gayathri Swaminathan
gpgkey: 3EFB3D39