[IndiChix] Is anyone on the list learnting PyQT ?

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 19:20:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009, Sriram Narayanan sent out 1.0K bytes to say:
> 3. What learning steps would you recommend to a programmer ?

This may sound stupid, but I'll tell you what worked for me.

The tagline of PyQt was something like "if you know python, and you know
Qt, then you already know PyQt". Or something like that. I took that
quite literally.

I suggest -
1) Do the tutorials in C++ -
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/tutorials-tutorial.html . But don't bother
doing all the tutorials, just go upto #8 or so, so that you get nice and
comfortable with the SIGNALS and SLOTs architecture of Qt programming
(the way it is supposed to be).

2) Assume that all the classes have the same names in PyQt, and that the
paradigms are all the same. When you get an error, start googling and
checking PyQt site for help. Not to mention IRC
--
Tejas Dinkar
http://gja.in