[IndiChix] Chix wars

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 17:22:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:29 AM, <hassath at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, that *is* what we are trying to do - resolve these issues asap.
> We need to write an official mail to Swati Sani requesting her to hand
> over the domain. Any volunteers for drafting such a mail? I would
> suggest that all suggestions for points to be incorporated in such a
> mail be sent here. Or does anyone else have any alternate suggestions
> on how to go about it?
>
> Or - does anyone here have appropriate rights to change the definition
> of the virtual host on the current web server? If yes, please say so
> now. Even if you disagree and don't want to do it for whatever reasons
> - please speak up now and clarify your stand.
>
> As of now, only Gayathri has offered herself as a volunteer. Anybody
> else who wants to volunteer for anything?
>
> > Regards,
> > pavithran
>
> Thanks for your suggestions, Pavithran.
> --
> - Hassath

Hey Hassath:

Here is my suggestion.

Regarding domain names themselves for any domain, there are two types of
contacts:

- Administrative contact - this is usually a firm's billing/legal/marketing
department
- Technical contact - this is usually the webmasters/ sysadmins/ identifed
technical handles

It's easy to do this if the contacts/ roles are defined. In case of
linuxchix.org.in suggest that we start with this effort. I volunteer to
populate this information at the wiki - will definitely need help of current
administrators ( Archana/ yourself/ Vid/ Runa/ Barkha/ Aneesha/
Swati...missing more here...)

Once we have this defined, we (administrators/ interested/ curious/
volunteers) should converse on which team/roles will hold
administrative/technical contact for domain.

Thanks,
--
Gayathri Swaminathan
gpgkey: 3EFB3D39