[IndiChix] Hello

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:29:10 UTC 2008

Hello list:

I learned today that linuxchix is active in India, and that membership
is open to all. I just subscribed, and learned from the welcome mail
that an introduction is welcome.

I work with Thoughtworks Bangalore and administer Linux servers and
VPN networks as part of my day job. At nights, I spend time exploring
more of opensolaris and in discussions with other members of the
Belenix team and the Bangalore OpenSolaris User Group. I am one of the
members of the Belenix (www.belenix.org) team, and try to give it some
time when possible. Another user group that I frequent is the BOJUG
(Bangalore Open JDK User Group) where we today discuss all things
Java.

I love music, and just bought a set of violin strings today to force
myself to start to play carnatic music on the violin again. My other
interest is the classical guitar and I have a regular acoustic guitar
(called Rose) and a beautiful Yamaha guitar (I haven't named her yet
though).

To keep my mind active, I've started to study PHP and have proposed a
workout at the FOSS.IN with the aim of porting FreeNAS (a PHP based
app) to Belenix so that we can have a web managable storage device.
Feel free to contact me in case you'd like to work together on this.

Wishing you all a lot of excitement, adventure and good times ahead.

-- Sriram
http://dynamicproxy.livejournal.com/