[IndiChix] Libre Labs for women

Vid.A vid at svaksha.com
Mon Oct 13 02:34:32 UTC 2008

'morn all,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 11:26 AM,  <hassath at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Gayatri from FAT says:
> "FAT can take cash or cheques... However we are not yet registered
> under 80G, so the donations will not have tax rebate." The 80G
> registration will happen in about two months. "However FAT cannot
> accept money from outside India... ANyways, hosting Libre Labs for
> women is something we will definitely support."
>
> Is this useful for what you have in mind, Ajay?
>
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 9:22 PM,  <hassath at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Vid. A <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> That said, its fine so long as fat-net keep the resources available
>>> and open to any Chix who want to learn and contribute to any upstream
>>> project of her choice.  They should not restrict access after some
>>> months.
>>
>> I agree. Will state this when I speak to them.
>
> FAT agrees with this completely, and only wants to know if it'd be ok
> with IndiChix if FAT volunteers used the machines on days when
> IndiChix isn't using them. I think that should be ok. Thoughts?

I hope its understood that the org getting the machines is "largely"
responsible for the machines upkeep.... and ofcourse not offering it
coffee for breakfast :)  Also sponsored machines should be available
to Indichix as per their convenience (during regular hours too).

Ajay,  Here is a rough requirement :

DELHI: 1-3 machines at Fat-net.
Contact: Hassath and Ajay

MUMBAI: From this mail [0] it seems Bigadda would not need resource
sponsorship currently.
Contact : Jayshree Pare and Warren

PUNE: We have not heard from Swatee Karpe (please update the current
status Swatee)
Contact: Swatee Karpe

BANGALORE: 1-2 machines at Deeproot.
Contact: Abhas and me.

Ajay, I am opening up the list(**) so you can point Google folks to
this thread instead of circular discussions. Is there is an option for
sponsoring machines when we find space in other Indian cities, in
future? Ex. Mangalore had requests but no space providers. As Hassath
said earlier, old machines are fine with HDD directly purchased by
Google.

Guess, that covers the basics. Thoughts?

HTH,
--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||

[0] http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/private/indichix/2008-September/001211.html
(**) if you feel otherwise, discuss it on the list please.