[IndiChix] [Pune] Proposed Session at Abida Inamdar college for women

Ankita Garg gargankita at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 08:56:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runa.misc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey Ankita,
>
> Ankita Garg wrote:
> > Hi Runa,
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runa.misc at gmail.com
> > <mailto:runa.misc at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Everyone,
> >
> >     Manjusha Joshi has been coordinating with the authorities in Abida
> >     Inamdar college in Pune, to host
> >     a session on FOSS. The proposed date is 15th of March 2008
> >     (Saturday). The intent is to:
> >

> > This is a wonderful news!!
> >

> >     1. familiarizing the  participants about Linux and FOSS,
> >

> > Runa, for this, it would be nice if we could have a demo/video for
> > installing/working/getting started with Linux (if the girls there have
> > not been exposed to Linux at all). This had come up as a suggestion at
> > the session in IITK. Just talking about Linux being equivalent to
> > Windows blah blah might not have a strong take down. So a hands-on
> > session is what I would vote for !!
>
> Yup, I'd second that too. However, at this point of time none of us are
> aware of the profile of the
> students. Hence, we are aiming this to be a priming session where we could
> record their questions
> and feedback as well. This could provide us with an indication of what
> more things can be done there
> (including install-fests and other workshops ). Also, we have a time limit
> of 90 minutes.

I'll just try and look fro some videos in YouTube..sure we should have some
on this topic. We anyways would like to have a link to them from our wiki,
so the effort to search will not go for a waste. Also, if you find out that
the students are from non-Linux background, you could find out if they would
be willing to have a video run-through...

> cheers
> Runa

Regards,
Ankita