[IndiChix] Chapter Name suggestions

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 05:43:24 UTC 2008

Hello:

Oh I see what you did here. Total misinterpretation and another paragraph of
arguments.

Yes, am saying the decision be that of advisory group on how to conduct
these efforts, that is,

- Identify if name change is necessary
  - If yes, Collect suggestions for name change
  - If no, find ways to promo using existing name

Yup, we understand no super powers but a lot of responsibility rests on
advisory group.

Read my emails however you want, but I think **there is a legitimate issue**
with the "chix" part in name.

This thread was started with **earnest interest for an open discussion** for
yey/nay discussions, suggestion of names.

Thanks for that wiki block you posted earlier, those are good concerns.
Nope, the rest of flaming/pointing fingers have not helped much or been so
advisory.

Having been here only six months at LC-IN, am already seeing that pattern I
posted earlier.

Nope, it does not seem welcoming to newbies/ newcomers.

So let me get this, you have eager college graduates wanting to be part of
something huge, take part in proactive activities and after encouragement
they join here and see all this lamefest! - not a pretty picture.
Gayathri

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Vid Ayer <svaksha at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/2/08, Gayathri Swaminathan <gayathri.swa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > LCIN is fairly new and things are still getting figured out for long
> terms.
> >
> > I do agree that the final decision be made by the advisory group who
> have
> > silently been doing all the background work for so long.
>
> I agree we have been working on it since early last year but do note a
> lacunae there.... Suppose open discussions on this list dont
> necessarily endorse  suggestions by the AG, can they invoke their
> super-powers and still push their ideas vis-a-vis group sentiment ?
> Since the present advisory group is serving a term for one year, and
> the final decision is supposed to be made by them alone, what will
> prevent the next advisory group from changing it next year ?  If we
> must have formal structure, lets discuss and have some documentation
> listing out rules and structure (for example...how to form the AG,
> how much power or what decisions they have the power to make and such
> like) instead of inventing rules on the fly.
> Sorry if people are offended but although I am part of the AG here but
> even the TresChix dont make carte-blanche decisions or have so much
> power that they push things without open and transparent discussion on
> the list/irc or without taking into account the group sentiments.
> That's not how Free/Libre communities/groups work  !!
>
> </end zero paise>
> --
> Vid
> || http://www.svaksha.com ||