[IndiChix] Chapter Name suggestions

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 13:52:31 UTC 2008

On 3/1/08, Aneesha Govil <popcorn09 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think linuxchix is derogatory and if I still call myself "chix",
> yes, I am doing it wrong.

Seems like the mail on the wiki page never reached this list ...anyway
its summarized under "Things/Points to be considered before the
change" on the wiki[0].  As mentioned in earlier mail/s can someone
clarify how to deal with the confusion arising out of having different
names otherwise this "new name" will just be a cosmetic exercise and
not an actual change in the mindsets of people.

[0] http://linuxchix.org.in/wiki/index.php/Chapter_Name_Suggestions

> Oh so localization is not acceptable to you because it is complicated?

Localization [0][1] is a term usually used to dscribe the process of
translating software to the respective regional/local language.
Stretching that to justify an Indian name for this LinuxChix chapter
name how do you propose we accomodate 415 Indian languages?

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationalization_and_localization
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_localisation

--
Vid