[IndiChix] $subject? [was] Re: IndiChix Digest, Vol 2, Issue 8

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:37:44 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 2:43 AM, Tea Beedi <tbd.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Vid, Runa, and others,
> Hi This is Kavita , we met at FOSS.IN, I enjoyed your linux chix
> collective and send good wishes for the next stage!

Hi Kavita, and thanks for the wishes!

> Thanks Vid for alerting me to the mailman migration. I am now
> subscribed via my lists ID, Tea Beedi.

i was wondering where you disappeared  :)

> Unfortunately i cannot join u @ the bangalore meet-up as i am in
> california now, till july or so. But am happy to be able to stay in
> touch on the list.

Have a nice stay , there are many Linuxchix there (in California) so
if you want to meet any just holler on the  grrls-only list of
linuxchix.org which as the name suggests is for women only.

> BTW re. the question of Chix or Bharatiya Nari :) --

..... the word "Bharatiya Nari" in a wider connotation, conjures up
images of the sari clad, kitchen slaving, obedient, subservient,
self-sacrificing Indian woman   .... Is that what Linuxchix is all
about ?

> a student Tania
> Bustos who is studying open source in Colombia told me that "Chica"
> means girl in spanish, and it doesn't have the "rude"/"cute"
> connotations as in american english; she follows the work of Linux
> Chica in latin america.

You are right, as far as liberation (women's lib) is concerned
LatinAmerican women are in a completely different stratosphere as
compared to Indian women atleast in certain aspects. We have a long
way ahead.

[snipped digest contents]

> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of IndiChix digest..."

PS : Kavita, I gather that you are subscribing to the digest version.
If so please edit the subject line, so we know which message you are
replying to, else use the "compose" button to create  a new message
with a $subject :) This ensures readability and the thread is
maintained properly in the archives :) and  oh, please reply inline
(like this message).

[snipped digest contents]

ciao,
Vid