[IndiChix] [RFC] Introduction to Linuxchix India - presentation slides

Runa Bhattacharjee runa.misc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 12:47:01 UTC 2008

Aneesha Govil wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008 8:50 AM, Hassath <hassath at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> On Feb 6, 2008 8:23 PM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runa.misc at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> [...]
>> On Feb 6, 2008 10:53 PM, Atul Chitnis <mail at atulchitnis.net> wrote:
>>
>>> However, I'd strongly suggest some more structure to the talk -
>>> "Discussion" is the trap that many sessions like these fall into, and then

[snip]

> I think it is good to have an agenda there. Perhaps a list of items
> that the speaker shall likely discuss. It helps set the expectation of
> the people as to what is coming ahead. It does not necessarily imply
> that the talk will have a strict structure to it and would not be
> flexible. IMHO, that is the very basic and mandatory requirement.

[snip]

> In the present scenario, I think it suffice to have just a list of
> topics, sort of like an index.

Please find the revised version here:

http://linuxchix.org.in/wiki/index.php/Speakers_Corner

Both PDF and the ODP versions are available and can be tailored as per the requirements of the speakers.

The presentation is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/)

The session at Gnunify 08 is more of a BoF and I plan to take out the "Discussion" slide to replace
it with the following agenda that is in most parts an extension of the discussion we had during the
last City Meet (http://linuxchix.org.in/wiki/index.php/CityMeetPune_20080112)

Proposed Agenga for BoF session at Gnunify 08:

1. FOSS - Philosophy and Project awareness plans
2. LinuxChix promotion plans
3. LinuxChix Volunteering opportunities
4. Activity Day proposal and plans (As already suggested my Manjusha - session at the  Abeda Inamdar
Girls College)
5. Wiki improvement suggestions
6. Fixing timeline and ownership for any specific tasks proposed for each of the above

Thanks a lot

regards
Runa

--