[IndiChix] Planet Linuxchix India

Vid Ayer svaksha at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 06:26:29 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 10:28 AM, Philip Tellis <philip.tellis at gmx.net> wrote:

> It's fairly simple to do using Yahoo! Pipes.  Have a look at the
> source for my foss events in india pipe:
> http://pipes.yahoo.com/bluesmoon/foss_in_india
>
> It basically fetches a feed for items tagged foss, and another feed
> for items tagged india, then does a merge and uniq -c on it, and
> filters out anything with count < 2.  What ever is left is what
> matched both tags.
>
> Feel free to clone this pipe for your own feeds.

 tried but seems like it does not work on privately hosted WP
installations.... anyway do you know if it can do that without
breaking/flooding planets ? .... dont want to flood planets, not atm.

> On 31/01/2008, Swati Sani <swati at sanisoft.com> wrote:
>
> Coming back to the original question - yes I know that Wordpress for one
> allows for feeds of multiple categories - but the category selection is
> additive rather than filtering (OR vs AND) which can be a pain for
> creating more specifically targeted feeds.

the OR is restrictive because I cant use the parent-child or maybe
deeper level nodes to tag my feeds on planets. That means i have to
tag each blog entry with multiple tags (not nice) if i use a feed tag.
 Or is this at the planet software end and not necessarily a problem
with WP. I am not sure.  Isn't there a way to not flood the planet
with full feeds.... AND via multiple level tags ?

--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||