[IndiChix] [x-post] LC-india domain

Atul Chitnis mail at atulchitnis.net
Tue Dec 30 19:09:59 UTC 2008

Sriram Narayanan wrote:
> I think that all issues ought to be thrashed out once and for all,
> that the active people ought to get admin rights, and that notions
> such as "founders are owners" (which is what I sensed was Atul's
> message - please correct me if need be) should be let go of.

Correction, not "founders are owners" - "doers are maintainers". The
resources are being maintained by members of this group (the planet, the
wiki, etc.), not by "founders".

I just reacted to Vidya's trademark tone in her message, which has
consistently been a bone of contention - that she "owns" the group and
wants to "control" it. I see no one else taking that stand.

I am neither a founder of this group (the closest I get is that I am
married to one of them, and she is inactive because of the atmosphere
here), nor an active maintainer of the facilities (unless you consider
providing web space to the group as "maintenance").

And I don't own the domain, either. In fact, all I really have to do
with this group is that I wanted to help it meet its goals, but with the
kind of attitude one has to deal with here (see Vidya's note), that is
really difficult to motivate oneself into.

Like I said, there is room for more groups. Some like a practical
approach, some a political one. I clearly love the former, hate the
latter (Talk is Cheap, Show Me The Code), so clearly, we are at
loggerheads.

Please, do move on to the in.linuxchix.org domain. It will put this
thing to rest, and stop demotivating those who subscribe to one view or
the other.

Atul