[Indianlc] Need to connect to the internet from Linux

vid svaksha at Q-cSHxye3IG9uPK_fDOe6kYkZx6zjzdyGOMV9dv86hTayujtUkIFR-HO5UfZY3LO_Erc_739Hgm9.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 28 14:47:05 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Diabolic Preacher <pintooo15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On a related note, could someone please tell how to connect/configure
> dial-up via kppp without using root account. i just remember we had to
> add some line in a text file....but what and in which file?

open a terminal (command line) and you need to be "root" to configure
the device the first time. Then do any one of these : #pppconfig  OR
sudo pppconfig. From the menu select, "create a new connection" -->
"choose provider name" --> etc.. Input required settings, save and
exit the menu.  Next, in the terminal, type :
$ pon ( to dial the isp and connect)
$ poff ( to discconnect )
$ plog ( for the status )
Hope that helps.