New poll for Indianlc

Anand Avati asynchronousacknowledgement at rEF9MapQdARj-aMfu3gZr7_vZwuetOp3aJXzyh7jW_IKYd3hZobNZR8EiDtwlfI4lB4zxxbohXXCmI9Dwnvum6AzGe6BC5CmlDLTPghdqck.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 13 15:10:16 UTC 2005

Hi,
 i had used ubuntu (warty) for a couple of weeks.. all smooth, except
it had mp3 support NOT off the shelf.. had to install universal (non
supported by ubuntu) repository to the apt sources to get X media
players (gstream et.al) work with mp3 (though getting console players
was a lot easier).. not sure if they still maintain that policy, apart
from that ubuntu has all the nice parts of debian.

[WARNING: *flame bait* - as a matter of taste though, i suggest and
still prefer slackware, using it from the 3.x days (~ 7 years) and its
great for learners and advanced users... truly the most 'unix like'
no-nonsense makes it programmer friendly, and the
'away-from-distro-policies' makes it hacky admins' heaven. eyecandy
kids keep away :p]

cheers!