LinuxChix-India -- was-- Re: [Indianlc] hello people!

Swati Sani swati at UHMPirJwZWwrnHe960mQlPvvoQrI8inhzHg0d4yt5lf6JdzZ46BXC0lDL6y2yz2Yk0dt--tLjkz1CYdj.yahoo.invalid
Thu Dec 15 12:59:34 UTC 2005

|| स्वक्ष || svaksha wrote:

Hello All,

>Recently a few LChix met Sulamita and we did decide to get more
>active. Here are a few suggestions (please add your own too)  :
>
>1] A Web-site (we could register a domain after polling for names and
>raising funds) with some artwork and statement of why we exist on the
>main page. It will be nice to see this page reflect the Indian ethos
>and flavor. *Women* please contribute your ideas for designing this
>page since its your list and hence your platform to speak up. I could
>arrange the web-hosting and other ML's.

I and Pooja are working on this. The domain has been registered and the
site will be put  up in some time. I will keep posting the group about
suggestions/ideas.

>2] If this group is built along the same principles of LC and a local
>chapter in India, it will be nice to prominently display the "Be
>polite, Be helpful" rule with a link to the Howto maintained by Val
>Henson [*a].

Agree, Be Polite and Be helpful should be *very* prominently displayed
.  I also suggest at least some of us have the group's web address in
our signatures -will help in popularizing the group.

>3] More categories in M-lists,
>Note : All Lists are open to men (with the exception of grrls-only).
>
><snip>

Noted.  Like on the LC main site, we will have a page with various
group's objectives and subscription details. I am sure the groups (at
least some of them) will take off well.

>What do you all think. Women, please speak-up. Here I must state that
>I would especially like women to vote, since LC-India is for them. Men
>*are* welcome to participate, suggest, help and give inputs and ideas,
>but honestly don't you think women should be allowed to decide how
>they want their website and design them too.

Like I said above we are working on the site design and content. Will
put it up for suggestions/comments on this list soon.

Cheers!

Swati