[Courses] Python

GcX linuxchix.gcx at gishpuppy.com
Sun Jun 19 07:16:22 UTC 2011

1. I'm interested in hearing what version of Python everybody is running,
Python version: 2.6.6.
My system also has 2.7.x on it, however I will use 2.6.6.
on which operating system, distro and version. Please post your results!
 O.S.: GnuLinux, Unbuntu, 11.04 (Which I upgraded from the prior version).
I have not been long in the Linux family.
  Especially if python3 is the default, or if you have any other problems
  running the examples.

2. Why are there two commas in
   print "Hello,", name
The first one (right after Hello) is so that the comma would print out.
The second one (after the ") is so that the name variable would print out.
That is the best way (at this time) that I can explain it.
   ? What do you think the difference is between them?
The first one is located within quotes (i.e., " "), so it would be printed
(with the word Hello).
The second one is to let Python know to include the name variable (in this
case, name) on the same line and part of the command.

3. Anyone know why the language was named Python?
It was named after a British comedy TV program called Motley Python Flying
Circus.

--
Always Faitful,

GcX