[Courses] [python] Lesson 1: Hello world

Hanford Sally sally.hanford1 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 18 22:13:29 UTC 2011

Hello Akkana
I subscribe to the digest so I only just saw lesson 1. Thanks very much for
teaching the course, and sorry I am so late responding to the homework

1. what version of Python = 2.6.6 on Ubuntu 10.10

2. Why are there two commas? Well, I read other people's answers already. I
did figure that the first was part of the string, but I just thought that
the second was a separator and hadn't caught on that it actually also
represents a space.

3. Anyone know why the language was named Python? I didn't get that and had
assumed it was some form of acronym.

I'm looking forward to lesson 2. This is fun.

Sally