[Courses] Courses Digest, Vol 61, Issue 13

Emily emilyyrose at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 15:01:40 UTC 2011

================= Homework =========================

Normally I'll have programming assignments for homework -- some easy,
some harder. But for this first lesson, I just have a few questions.
Post your answers to the list -- if someone beats you do it, don't
worry about it, you're not being graded on who answers.

1. I'm interested in hearing what version of Python everybody is running,
  on which operating system, distro and version. Please post your results!
  Especially if python3 is the default, or if you have any other problems
  running the examples.

I'm on ubuntu 10.10 running python 2.6.6

2. Why are there two commas in
   print "Hello,", name
   ? What do you think the difference is between them?

The first one is part of the print, and the second to indicate a seperate
variable?

3. Anyone know why the language was named Python?

Not a clue :p