[Courses] [python] Googling isn't cheating :-)

Peggy Russell prusselltechgroup at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:28:38 UTC 2011

> > Someone once told me - a good programmer doesn't know everything; but
> > she knows where to find it.  That's gotten a lot easier, thanks to
Two items I can add to the discussion are: After you have learned
a language and start using a more advanced IDE, they often have
code completion and other features that work as reminders.  Also,
there's the product's/application's own help, whether F1, man/info,
or something else. I'm still try'n to figure out Python's help().
I think as I become more familiar with the Python environment, it'll
be easier to use.

My process here is to do it myself, send it in, and then read emails
to the list. And then I see what I like, fix things, and try it again.
But the act of *doing* is what is important.  Although, I would have
never known why the name Python or the author's name (sorry) without
looking at the python.org web site :-)

> > old-fashioned paper technical books,
I'm with you (I love books and have a handful of markers and tabs),
but lets not call them old-fashioned :-)

Peggy