[Courses] [Postgresql] Lessons ...

Valorie Zimmerman valoriez at zimres.net
Wed Feb 27 07:56:40 UTC 2008

On Monday 25 February 2008 6:21:30 am Michelle Murrain wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have realized that the biweekly lessons plays havok with my sense of
> time. Anyway, there will be a lesson coming this week.
>
> I decided, given that there seem to be so few people still following
> this course, that I'd do two more lessons. This week will be what would
> have been week 8, and very postgresql focused - includes issues of
> Administration: access control, logging, backups, file organization
>
> And the last week, which I'll post the week of March 10, will be:
>
>   Using Postgresql with web applications  Perl, php, others. Using PG
> remotely via ODBC
>
> I think that spending a lot of time on transactions and stored
> procedures at this point is probably too much.
>
> I hope that works well with everyone.
>
> Peace,
> Michelle

Michelle, although I had to stop following along very early, I appreciate this
course, and have been saving all the posts. I hope to do the lessons at some
point, and use the questions and answers to help me find my way through the
jungle.

Thanks so much for writing and offering this course.

Valorie